Like porcelain veneers crowns can be used to improve the appearance of damaged, worn, crooked or discoloured teeth.
At Corry Dental Care we restore structurally unsound teeth and often replace existing crowns that are not aesthetically pleasing with crowns that look and feel like natural teeth. Following a comprehensive examination and evaluation of your smile we will recommend the most suitable crown for the purpose required. These include all porcelain crowns, Zirconia crowns and sometimes porcelain fused to metal crowns depending on tooth position and the aesthetic and strength requirements.
When do I need a crown?
Crowns are ideal to:
- Anchor bridge work to replace missing teeth and restore smiles
- Restore support to damaged or worn teeth
- Correct chewing problems
- Relieve pain in compromised teeth and return dental function
- Prevent breakage in teeth with root canal treatments
- Beautify smiles, e.g. replacing crowns with dark lines at the gum margin
What is the crown process?
You should expect two visits to design and place a crown
Design and creation : This involves preparing your tooth often to a predetermined waxed up plan, taking an impression and placing a temporary crown. The impression is then forwarded to a laboratory for manufacture of your crown by our trusted laboratory technicians.
Placement : Following careful removal of the temporary crown your definitive crown is trialled and cemented in place to renew your smile and function.